When are the class schedules usually available?

The Class Schedules are usually available for the Fall and Summer Semesters in mid-March and Spring Semester in mid-October. They can be found in the Schedule of Classes link to the left or via our online Cavalier Center.

When may I register for classes?

Students are allowed to register by an Appointment Time Schedule according to total number of earned hours. Appointments can be found under the Registrar Appointments link to the left.

How do I change my major?

Download and complete a Change of Major form and turn it into the Student Service Center in Farrell Hall. After the Office of the Registrar processes the form, the student will receive a copy of the form with the new advisor listed. This information can be viewed in the Cavalier Center.

Who is my advisor?

Advisors are listed in the Cavalier Center. Log into the Cavalier Center. Once logged in, you will click "Office of the Registrar" - "Academic Records" - "General Student Information."

How do I contact my advisor?

Faculty and staff may be reached by calling the switchboard at 330.499.7090 or by the Walsh University e-mail. Example: jdoe@walsh.edu.

How much are tuition and fees?

Tuition is based on the number of hours in which a student is enrolled, student level undergraduate, graduate), and residence status. Fees are assessed according to the enrolled number of hours. Please consult your Class Schedule or speak with a Financial Aid Advisor located in the Student Service Center in Farrell Hall for additional information.

When are final exams?

The Examination Schedule for each semester appears under the Exam Schedule link at the left.

What is the Withdrawal Policy?

Registration for classes creates a contract for payment of tuition, fees, and charges.

A student choosing to terminate this contract with Walsh University must officially withdraw during the first 5 business days of any 8 week session or are obligated to pay all session charges in full. Withdrawal must be made in writing through the Student Service Center and must be signed by the student. Nonattendance to class or notification to a professor does not constitute an official withdrawal.

Withdrawal from a class or from the University on or before the fifth business day of a session will cancel all financial obligations to the University for that session.


  • Fall I and Fall II
  • Spring I and Spring II
  • Summer I and Summer II 

Five (5) business days or earlier……..100% of tuition **

Six (6) business days or later…………..No Refund 

** Due to the block tuition billing method, undergraduate students should contact the Student Service Center to determine how financial aid may be effected by withdrawing from a class, session or the university. Based on how the block tuition is divided between the two semester sessions will impact the amount of the tuition refund. No refunds will be issued for completed classes.

How is my grade point average (GPA) calculated?

The GPA is calculated by dividing the quality grade points by the hours attempted.
Total Quality Grade Points - 48
Total Hours Attempted - 16
GPA: 48/16 = 3.0 (See example grade report below.)

English  4.0  12.0
History  3.0  9.0
Math  2.0  3 6.0
Theology  B-  2.7  3 8.1
Journalism B+ 3.3 3 9.9
Phys. Educ. B 3.0 1 3.0
TOTAL     16  48


Grade  Quality Points Per Credit 
A 4
A- 3.7
B+ 3.3
B 3
B- 2.7
C+ 2.3
C 2
C- 1.7
D+ 1.3
D 1
D- 0.7
F 0

How do I order an official transcript?

Normal Submission

  • All transcript requests must include your social security number, phone number, dates of attendance at Walsh University, address you would like the transcript(s) mailed to, and any former name(s).
  • All transcript requests must include your signature (this is mandatory for release of your transcript, Public Law 93-579, Privacy Act of 1974).
  • Transcripts cannot be released if a Financial or Administrative hold exists.
  • An Official Transcript Request Form is available for download from the homepage of Registrar section of the website. Requests may be ordered in person, at the Student Service Center, mailed to Walsh University, or faxed to (330) 490-7372
  • Transcripts may be picked up at the Student Service Center located in Farrell Hall, first floor. A photo I.D. is required.

Mail requests to:
Walsh University
2020 East Maple St
North Canton, Ohio 44720
Attention: Office of the Registrar

Online Submission
To better serve you, the Office of the Registrar has implemented Online transcript requests. This feature is available to students who were enrolled beginning Summer 2000. Students who attended prior to Summer 2000 will need to use the Normal Submission process.

The Online Transcript Request option may be accessed through the Cavalier Center. With Online Submission, students have the ability to request transcripts and check on the status of the request.

All requests will be processed in 3-5 business days and will be mailed to the address provided by the student or they may be picked up at the Student Service Center.

Official transcripts cannot be faxed.