Serving Those Who Serve Our Country

As an active member or veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces, Walsh University is an ideal choice for your education. From military tuition discounts, to small class size, to the availability of General Education online courses throughout the summer, Walsh will work one on one with you to come up with an educational program that best meets your needs.

graphic: Military Friendly Top 10 School emblem

Walsh University has been designated a Top Ten Military Friendly® School earning a No. 4 ranking in the private schools offering a doctorate category. Walsh earned Top Ten Gold status honors for its support of veteran students and their dependents.

graphic: Collegiate Purple Star AwardWalsh University has been designated a Collegiate Purple Star campus for its efforts to support students with military backgrounds by the Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) Chancellor Randy Garner. This designation assures service members, veterans, and other military-connected students are able to access the resources and support systems they need to pursue their educational goals.

Walsh and The Yellow Ribbon

Walsh University is proud to be part of the Yellow Ribbon Program, a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. This program is a partnership between Walsh University and the VA to fund tuition expenses that exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate. We can contribute up to 50% of those expenses and VA will match that amount. This makes a Walsh education, more affordable for all veterans.

Our staff will work with you to discuss your academic and financial needs to optimize the benefits of the GI Bill® and Post 9/11 GI Bill®. They will walk you through the application, registration, and financial processes to assure that your transition is as seamless as possible. 

Active Duty military members and eligible Veterans that wish to use their Veteran's Education Benefits will need to have the following documents sent to the Office of Admission to complete the application process:

  • Completed online application for admission to Walsh University.
  • Official high school transcripts.
  • The State Equivalency Certificate, based on the General Educational Development Test (GED), is accepted in lieu of a regular high school diploma.
  • Official college/university transcripts from each college/university you have attended.
  • Documentation of military training and schools (DD-295, AARTS, or CCAF)
  • Documentation should be obtained from your military education service office.
  • Certificate of Eligibility or Notice of Benefits.

VA allows you to register for two terms while your paperwork is being received and processed. If it is not received and processed by the third semester, your VA benefit is held until Walsh University can evaluate transfer credit and military training/experience.VA will not accept certification for courses not in your current degree program. If you have used your Veteran's benefits at another college/university, you must complete a Change of Program or Place of Training form. More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site.

If you need assistance throughout this process, our military admissions counselor can work with you every step of the way.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).  More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site.

Ready to Take the Next Step?

Complete the form below to request additional information.