Can I apply online?

Yes, apply here.

When is the best time to apply for admission?

While there is no cut-off deadline for international undergraduate applicants, students are encouraged to apply six months in advance of their intended start date. This provides ample time for processing of academic and immigration documents, as well as time to obtain a visa and prepare for your journey.

For graduate students, program enrollment follows the schedule below:

  • Master of Counseling & Human Development: Fall & Spring
  • Master of Arts in Theology: Fall & Spring 
  • Doctor of Physical Therapy: Fall Only 

Can I study at Walsh from my home country?

Yes! Students over the age of 22 can choose from an array of undergraduate degrees to complete online. Upon successful completion of the program, students graduate with a Walsh University degree. This option can often be more affordable and allow students from around the world to obtain their degree from a US institution while maintaining their life at home.

For graduate students, the Masters of Business Administration program and the Masters of Arts in Education program are fully online and accessible for students all over the world.

Is your institution accredited?

Yes, Walsh is recognized as a degree-granting university. For more information about on Walsh University and our accrediting bodies, click here.

What is the weather like?

At Walsh, you will experience the beautiful change of seasons: golden and red leaves in autumn (September-November), white snow in the winter (December-February), budding flowers in the spring (March-May), and green grass and trees in the summer (June-August).

In Ohio, the weather is always changing. Types of precipitation include rain, snow, sleet, and sometimes even hail. The temperature can be very cold during the winter and very hot in the summer - but we regulate the building temperatures with heat and air conditioning to keep everyone comfortable inside.

If you do not own winter clothing, we will provide an opportunity to go to a store and purchase boots, gloves, a scarf, and a hat.

Is there an International Club? What other opportunities are available to get involved on campus?

Walsh's World Student Organization (WSO) is comprised of both international and American members who seek to provide cultural events on campus and build a supportive network for international students. The club organizes events like the annual international dinner, International Flag Ceremony, Chinese New Year, and international film nights. For more information, contact the International Office.

There are many other opportunities to get involved with campus life. For more information on activities, intramural sports, and student organizations, visit Student Affairs.

How many credit hours do I need to take each semester?

Students in F-1 visa status are required to maintain a minimum of 12 undergraduate credit hours or 9 graduate credit hours each fall and spring semester. Enrollment is optional during the summer.

What are the start and end dates of your semesters?

Please see the Academic Calendars.

I am currently attending another university in the U.S. How can I transfer to Walsh?

The first step is to contact the Office of Admission. Once you are granted admission, the Director of International Student Services will work closely with you and the Admissions office to prepare the necessary documents and inform you of the transfer procedures. You will also need to inform your current university that you plan to transfer.

I have been accepted into new program which begins Fall quarter, but I’m going home for the Summer. Can I use my current immigration document to travel and then get a new one when I return?

Before you leave for the summer, you must request and obtain a new I-20 to reflect your change of level. Since you will be returning for the Fall semester to pursue a different program of study, you will need to travel with a new document that reflects the new program. This new document will allow you one entry to the U.S. prior to the start of your new program. You need to request a travel signature for additional travel.

I have an on-campus job. After I complete my lower level degree, can I keep working on-campus until I start my new degree?

Yes, students who complete a degree level at Walsh University and who are admitted to begin a higher degree at Walsh University can work in an on-campus job between the two levels, as long as the change of level process is done correctly and meets the government’s requirements.

My current F-1 visa will expire this year. Must I apply for a new F-1 visa because of the Change of LevelI-20 process?

The F-1 visa stamp in your passport is permission to apply to enter the United States in that visa category.

If you are currently in the U.S., it is okay to remain in the U.S. after your F-1 visa expires as long as your passport is valid, you are following the enrollment rules, and you have correctly followed the Change of Level I-20 process. If you will travel internationally, however, you must apply for new F-1 visa to return. For more information, see our “Visas” section.

I am currently on OPT. I would like to come back to school before OPT ends. Can I continue to work on OPT once I start a new program?

Your OPT permission ends when you begin a new degree program (the day before the first day of your program), even if the printed OPT end date on your EAD is later than the new program start date. Your OPT authorization ends either on the end date printed on your EAD or the day before your new program starts, whichever date is earlier.

If you are an F-1 undergraduate student on OPT, who is now accepted into a graduate program at Walsh University, remember that your new I-20 will be issued by ISS.

Can I work on campus?

F-1 students are permitted to work on campus for a maximum of 20 hours per week during the academic year and eligible for more during official university breaks. Students are responsible for searching for employment with various departments when you arrive. There are opportunities to work in food service, administrative support, and maintenance. F-1 students are NOT permitted to work off campus without government approval.

Is housing available during winter and summer breaks?

Yes, with possible exceptions, housing for undergraduate students is available on campus during official breaks by special advance arrangement with Residence Life.