Master of Science in Nursing Program
- A current unencumbered Registered Nurse license(s) from the State of Ohio. One year of experience as a Registered Nurse is preferred.
- Official transcripts documenting a baccalaureate degree in Nursing from a program accredited by a national organization responsible for nursing accreditation (Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACNE), Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or their equivalent). Transcripts should document a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale on all undergraduate coursework.
- Completion of an undergraduate or graduate Statistics course.
- Two professional letters of recommendation supporting the applicant’s potential for success in the Master’s program from graduate prepared nurses or faculty members who can address the applicant’s potential. Applicants currently enrolled in a nursing program must submit at least one (1) recommendation from a faculty member in that program.
- Resume or CV with your application that includes work experience, educational, leadership and professional organization activities, and scholarly activities including publications, presentations, research, honors and awards.
- An essay/personal statement of a maximum of 1000 words that addresses the following (Please be thorough and concise with a minimum of two and a maximum of four, double-spaced pages 12 font essay). Discuss your personal and professional reasons for seeking the Advanced Practice Registered Nursing (APRN), Nurse Educator (NE), and/or Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) role at this time and how furthering your education will influence your practice as a clinical leader. Please include the following:
- Depending on the program to which you are applying (APRN, NE, and/or DNP), explain your understanding of the role and why you are interested in this particular role.
- Describe your personal strengths and experiences (leadership roles, nursing experience, community service) that will contribute to your success in graduate school.
- Identify 1-2 long-term goals and how seeking an advanced nursing degree will support these goals.
*Based on submitted admission materials, the graduate admissions committee may require an interview.