Walsh University Placement Testing
Please complete the placement test 2 weeks prior to your orientation day. Please take the placement test only one time. The first test result will be used for placement.
World Language Placement
To complete the WebCAPE written test:
- Visit theWebCAPE site and select Walsh University. From there you will be instructed to select your preferred language.
- Please take the test seriously, as it determines your starting point in world language.
- Find a quiet location to complete the placement test.
- Allow 45 minutes to complete.
If you do not complete the placement testing prior to orientation, this may delay completion of your schedule.
- Only complete the placement test for the language studied in high school. (Kate completed 3 years of Spanish in high school. Kate would complete the Spanish placement test.)
- If no language was studied in high school, then no world language placement test is required. Student would choose a world language and start at 101 level , selecting from our offerings in Arabic, American Sign Language, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.
- World language placement testing is only offered in French, German, and Spanish.
- Placement in Latin, Arabic, American Sign Language, and Italian is based on high school grades and the number of years studying the language.
- A student has the option to start a new language at Walsh University. This will be discussed at orientation during the "Meeting with Professional Advisors" session.
Pre-Nursing Chemistry Placement
All Walsh University Pre-Nursing students are required to take this chemistry placement test prior to your orientation day during the summer. This assessment is designed to help us place you into either CHEM 100 or CHEM 109 for the pre-nursing program. Historically, proper placement significantly increases your chances of success in chemistry and ultimately in the Walsh University nursing program. All of the online questions must be answered and you have the opportunity to go back and review your work before submission. Not completing this test as required will delay your scheduling process. To start the test, download the periodic table (PDF) below and click on the Pre-Nursing Chemistry Placement Exam link below.
Math Placement Testing
Math placement testing is only required for the following majors: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering and Mathematics. Placement testing must be completed electronically two weeks prior to your scheduled Cavalier Connection. To start the math test, click here. (Please Note: You will need to have your Walsh username and password to log in to ECN and complete the test. Please contact your admissions counselor if you need assistance.)
Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
If you are a student with a disability that would like to request accommodations for placement testing, please contact Meredith Soduk, the Director of Accessibility Services, at (330) 490-7529 or email@example.com. It is recommended that students make arrangements for accommodations three weeks prior to the date of New Student Orientation.