How do I get started on the transfer process?

Please contact Nicholas Foringer, Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions/Transfer Admissions Counselor, at or 330.490.7177. You may also apply online. In addition to your application, we will need to receive official transcripts from all colleges/universities that you have attended as well as official high school transcripts.

What are the admission requirements for transfer students?

You are admissible to Walsh University if you have a cumulative GPA from a regionally accredited university of at least a 2.0 and are in good academic and social standing. Although you may have a 2.0 GPA, this does not make you eligible for all majors. Some areas have higher GPA standards and/or additional requirements that the admissions counselor can advise you about.

What credits will transfer?

Upon receipt of your transcripts, a transfer admissions counselor will complete an unofficial evaluation to determine which classes will meet our criteria. Coursework completed at another regionally accredited college or university with a grade of a "C-" or better is usually accepted for transfer credit. Any class transferred that does not fall directly under our curriculum will be accepted as an elective and will count toward graduation requirements.

Sciences transferring from a Community College must be a grade of "B" or higher to transfer.

Once you are accepted and have registered for classes, you will receive an official transcript from the Office of the Registrar listing your transfer credits.

Your GPA will not transfer to Walsh University. You will start fresh. Also, you must complete the last 32 semester hours (15 in your major) at Walsh in order to receive a degree from Walsh.

How do I schedule my classes after I've been admitted?

You will be required to meet with an academic advisor before you can register for classes. This practice will continue the entire time you are at Walsh so that we can make sure that you are taking the correct classes for graduation and offer you guidance through the entire process upon admission. Once you have met with your advisor and paid the $125.00 tuition deposit, you are able to register during open registration in the Student Service Center.

What financial aid is available for transfer students?

There are a number of ways to receive financial aid at Walsh. Transfer students may be eligible for academic scholarships. The amount of the scholarships will be determined by your combined GPA at your prior institutions. Other financial aid is made available by completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). You can access this form by going to If you have already submitted one for the academic year, you can call them at 1.800.4FEDAID and have the information sent to Walsh. The code number you will need is 003135. We will then put together a financial aid package based on this information that may or may not include additional grants, loans, work-study programs, etc. Most of this aid is based on financial need. A counselor will be able to provide more assistance in this process.

Are transfer students required to live on campus?

Transfer students are not required to live on campus unless they reside more than 50 miles away. Other exceptions and accommodations can be discussed as needed.

What orientation programs are available to transfer students?

In the fall, there will be a required transfer orientation. This is a great opportunity to meet other students, take a tour of the campus, find your classes and finalize financial aid. In addition, there are a number of offices that are available to assist you with health insurance questions, parking passes, setting up mail boxes and e-mail accounts and information on how to get involved in activities on campus.