Detailed education program descriptions are available on the Veterans Affairs (VA) Education Benefits page.  If you feel you may be eligible for education benefits you should submit an application. VA will review your application and officially deny or grant benefits.

Walsh duties include:

  • Certifying students for required courses that apply to a bachelor, master, or doctoral degree program (courses meeting requirements for minors will be certifiable). Minors: A minor pursued as part of an approved major can be certified, even if the minor will require additional credit to graduate. Only courses required to complete the degree, including the minor, can be certified.
  • Working with students to ensure that overpayments are not created
  • Reporting adjustments of students’ credit hours

Responsibility of Students Receiving VA Education Benefits

Students must be pursuing a degree in a specific program to be eligible for benefits.  Admission procedures for veterans and other eligible persons are the same as for all students. Students using VA Education Benefits must notify Walsh when any of the following occurs:

  • Dropping or adding course(s)
  • Withdrawing from course(s)
  • Withdrawing from the University
  • Discontinuing regular class attendance
  • Changing programs (academic majors/minors)

VA education benefits are payable for regular attendance in courses that are part of the student’s program (major/minor) curriculum.

VA education benefits are not payable for:

  • Classes not attended regularly
  • Repeating a course for which a passing grade was received
  • Classes for which credit is received through successful completion of a proficiency test or grade by examination
  • Classes are taken on an audit basis
  • Classes that are dropped or withdrawn from
  • Classes are taken that are not part of the student’s program (major/minor) curriculum

Contact Information

How to reach the VA School Certifying Officials at Walsh University:

  • Visit them in person in the Student Service Center in Farrell Hall
  • Call the Office of the Registrar at 330.490.7560
  • Email your VA Military Certifying Official, Alexandria Sanders, asanders@walsh.edu

Need to submit a Certificate of Eligibility? 

Email it to registrar@walsh.edu. Subject: Certificate of Eligibility