DeVille School of Business
The DeVille School of Business offers a quality business education that prepares our graduates for success in today's competitive, global economic marketplace. A unique interdisciplinary approach provides students access to a broad range of up-to-date business courses providing for a well-rounded education. Experiential learning opportunities and internships are readily available for students and are often a stepping stone to a graduate's first full-time job. Many students opt to transition directly into Walsh's successful MBA program.
Our experienced and dedicated team of professors offer students real-world experience and insight. Our faculty recognize that to be successful in any area, a student needs the opportunity to develop. Walsh's business faculty support and contribute to that development by being available and accessible and by providing role models, academic advising, and mentoring throughout the year.
DeVille School of Business Mission
To grow, to learn, to lead, and to serve the global community.
Extending the charism of the Brothers of Christian Instruction by meeting students where they are with the resources and support they need, the mission of the DeVille School of Business (DSoB) is to prepare our graduates to be leaders in service to others through a relevant, global, and integrated business curriculum within a Catholic, practitioner-oriented teaching institution.
We accomplish our mission through:
- Offering curricula that are adaptive, flexible, experiential and responsive to changing market conditions
- Emphasizing critical thinking, effective communication, systems and sustainability, and ethical, social, personal and professional responsibility
- Providing our primarily first-generation traditional and non-traditional undergraduate students with personal support and attention in a collaborative, small-class environment
- Accommodating our graduate students with flexible course delivery options with personal support and attention in a collaborative, small-class environment
- Engaging in professional and scholarly activities that are impactful and relevant
The DeVille School of Business aspires to be a premier AACSB-accredited choice for undergraduate and graduate students and a distinguished resource for the business and professional community.
Integrity | Service | Responsive | Success | Focus | Diversity | Improvement
Guided by our commitment to students and other stakeholders, we:
- Foster an ethical environment of honesty, accountability, responsibility. (Integrity)
- Advance a culture of leadership in service to others. (Service)
- Provide an integrated undergraduate and graduate global business curricula that are adaptive to changing market conditions and accommodate students with flexible course offerings. (Responsive)
- Cultivate meaningful professional relationships within a supportive, developmental approach to advise, guide and mentor students. (Success)
- Commit to experiential, practice-focused student learning activities and outcomes to prepare students for life after graduation. (Focus)
- Respect the diversity of individuals, ideas, cultures, strengths and experiences and the value it adds to our school. (Diversity)
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement in all facets of the DeVille School of Business through ongoing review, assessment, evaluation and action. (Improvement)
Instilled with the charism of the Brothers of Christian Instruction – the DeVille School of Business Community will be oriented toward serving our global community through sustainable ethical leadership.
The DeVille School of Business Faculty will produce impactful and relevant intellectual contributions primarily focused on teaching and practice.
The DeVille School of Business will be a distinguished and preferred resource for the business and professional communities.
The DeVille School of Business will be recognized for the currency, relevancy, flexibility and innovation of its program offerings; teaching strategies; and responsiveness to business and community needs.